Monday, November 10, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 10

Is anyone else's steam running out? I mean, I don't wish writing hardships on any of you, but I do hope that I'm not the only one who's reached this stage.

This weekend, my goal was to write 20k words, bringing my total up to 44k. I fell just short of that, writing a total of 17,000 over the course of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I did well, and I'm proud of myself for blowing the wordcounts of my past years out of the water.

But it seems that after 17k the well ran dry. I sort of got stuck and I don't know where to go from here. Unfortunately, I can feel those doubts creeping at the back of my head again. They're asking me why I set my personal goal so high and how I expect to make it out of novel with a 150,000 word draft.

Trust me, I'm trying not to listen to them, but they get to you, you know? I mean, I kinda know that they're wrong. But at the same time, they've got a point: I am stuck.

I have so much writing to do, and yet I'm barely inching my wordcount forward. Whenever I sit to write, I feel like I'm staring at a blank page and asking myself, "How do I get going?"

This time around, I'm asking you guys for some inspiration. What do you do when you've run out of ideas and you just seriously don't know what's coming next? How do you get the creative juices flowing again?

I was just approaching Creative Liftoff. I'd maybe breached the perimeter and I was possibly a few feet in. But just as quickly as it could, my muse has left. I don't want to be one of those people who just gets up and walks away. That's not me. I'm dedicated to my novel and I will see it through, I just don't know how to keep going right now.

--Britni M

No comments:

Post a Comment