Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 19

I've written 8.5k today (Technically 8, 499. But I can go back in and un-hyphenate something if that'll make things more official.) and I'm pretty sure that it's the most words I've written in a day--ever.

I woke up early and took care of some things around the house. No work or anything, so my housework was all that was on the agenda other than writing. I love days like this, provided I don't get any unexpected interruptions.

I love the write-ins, but I feel like I only get a half-hour's worth of writing done in the allotted time, so I like to do my own writing before hand if I have time. So, at about eleven-thirty this morning, I sat down and wrote until the write-in began. And in that short time I managed to add just under 4500 words to my overall wordcount! That, combined with the virtual write-in, was enough to keep my momentum going for almost two more hours.

Isn't it great when you come from a 0-word day with a comeback? It's like you're laughing in the face of defeat. It looked like I was losing momentum did it? Ha!

So whatever your wordcount was today, or yesterday, or the day before--whatever you might be behind by, don't worry about it too much.

First of all, you're doing really well. Even if you're not where you wanted to be, you've dedicated a month to writing a novel. If you only write 10k this month, you've set aside time to write 10,000 words that you didn't have before. And they probably would have taken you even longer than a month to write if you hadn't been pushing yourself.

Second, don't give up. We're not out of the woods yet. Just because we can see some light through the trees doesn't mean this thing is almost over. We're only two-thirds of the way through. Sure, it's past the halfway point, but there's also plenty of ground left to cover. A week and a half left to catch up if you're behind.

If you're ahead, then great job! Congratulations!! Balloons and confetti and cake that I've only taken a tiny bite of! Sorry, I'm so delirious from being immersed in Nano... Hopefully my advice is better than my cake.

--Britni M

No comments:

Post a Comment