Saturday, November 1, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 1

I know that it's been less than 24 hours since my last blog post, but there have actually been multiple times during the day when I caught myself thinking about my daily challenges or daily goals as though this weren't the very first day of Nano... I have no idea if I can last through a month when I'm clearly several days ahead on this project mentally.

But, actually, I don't feel tired or worn out. I'm still super energized from the overnight adrenaline of writing from midnight to almost 3:30 am. I've gotten about 13 scenes written today and I'm over 50% ahead of my personal goal, so I'd say that today went pretty well for me.

How's everyone else's first day going? Did you stay up to write past midnight or did you begin later in the day (Like a normal human being)?

I've already checked a few dares off of my list, including one about rubber ducks and the dare to include the phrase "tap-dancing mummies". Yeah, things are apparently already crazy. Can't wait until I start going novel-writer-insane later on in November.

I should probably end this blog post now so I can go take care of real-world issues like eating dinner (I got busy writing and sorta forgot about it) and cleaning my house and attending to some Christmas shopping.

At this point I mostly don't feel like doing any of that, but I think that I can handle cooking myself a meal. If I neglected everything during November...Well, that could be the topic of a novel in itself.

Comment your genre, region, and wordcount! Also feel free to share your personal wordcount goals and details about your book or your first day in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment