Monday, November 17, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 17

I didn't get to see the meteor shower last night because it rained. There's supposed to be really good visibility tonight, though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and trying again.

As far as writing goes, I cleared the 60k milestone and finished up a couple of scenes (I've been writing out of order on this particular WIP). I also got some feedback from a friend of mine on one of my scenes. The response was mainly positive, though the crazy first-draft typos were a bit much. *headdesk* I haven't even reread the scene myself yet, so I can't imagine how many mistakes there are.

I only wrote about 1700 words today, leaving my average at 3568, but I'm hoping by the end of the month I'll have at least come close to my goal of 150k words in a month. I don't know, but I think it's possible. If anybody reading this has made it that far (or further?) I'd love to hear some advice about how you did it. Right now I'm pretty hopeful. The furthest I've ever gotten in one month is just around 55k, so hitting 60, 000 17 days in is a major milestone for me. Of course, there's always revision. Rounds and rounds of it. I'll try not to think about post-Nano until we get there.

However, I will be looking to do some Beta reading after the month is over. I don't know yet if I'll have a draft ready to send out to anybody else, but I still like to explore other author's projects after a NaNoWriMo or Camp NaNoWriMo. I have one so far that I'm Beta-ing and another that I will be Beta-ing when it's done. But I think I'll go roaming around the Nano forums looking for some things that I can pick up and read and give feedback to the writer. I'll probably start that this weekend.

Until then, I have quite a lot of catching up to do. I hope to be breaching 100k by Thursday, but that's a heavy burden that I don't think I can carry. That'd be some pretty intense writing, but I've seen Wrimos do much more impressive things. Maybe a couple of them can cheer me on and a sprint for that checkpoint.

Again, I didn't get to see any meteors last night because of the weather conditions. If I do get anything good, I'll be posting to Twitter, so follow me if you're interested in seeing that. You can find me here.

--Britni M

No comments:

Post a Comment