Thursday, November 6, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 6

I caught a bug today.

Not in the fun way like we used to do when we were children. I didn't go out into the garden with a plastic beach shovel, a kitchen spoon, and a recycled peanut butter jar. My younger sisters and I didn't dig around in the dirt in search of creepy crawly little critters.

This bug--this virus--found me.

I hadn't even realized that I was sick until my throat started to feel a little scratchy last night. I'd had the sniffles, but cold weather tends to do that to me. Well today my symptoms decided to hit me full force. My throat is so sore that it hurts to swallow and my head ached so badly that I had to stay sitting to avoid dizziness.

So I barely got any writing done today. I guess I knew that sooner or later something would happen to keep my from writing to my goal on some November day, but I'm trying to deal with the general crummy feeling that comes with the virus, too.

In addition to that, I'm hoping to get 20k over the weekend, despite the family engagements that I know are coming up. So, there's that. I might be able to make it to the Saturday write-in, which is at Paragraph, this Saturday from 10am to 6pm. It's a long way to travel for me, but it sounds like an amazing opportunity that I'd love to take advantage of. We'll have to see how things work out.

Well, that's my boring story that no one cares about. Comment below to let me know how things are going for you guys!!

--Britni M

No comments:

Post a Comment