Sunday, November 9, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 9

Yesterday morning I posted a scene that I'd written on Friday night. Please don't judge it. I was tired and brain dead and all I wanted was to climb into bed and get some rest, even if I was a couple thousand words behind. If you really must judge it, however, you can do so here.

Today I've touched up the little scene, which is a somewhat-romantic scene between two of my leads that includes a visit from The Doctor. Even though I've gone about a lot of sprinting today, I also did a lot of touching up with things. Believe it or not, it can help wordcount, because a lot of the scenes were written quickly and were lacking in lots of detail.

Mainly I've been spending the day do #NaNoWordSprints which, as I've said before, is a huge help. When I took a break from that, though, I browsed a few other blogs and found some super cool stuff, like tips on writing a #50k1Daya list of cool spooky places in Rome, and plenty of other great things.

So that's my recommendation for the day. Take a break and browse a couple of blogs. Check out Tumblr or StumbleUpon if you have the self-control to pull yourself away after a set amount of time. Because sometimes it just helps to get away from your work in progress and check out what other people are doing for a little while!

--Britni M

No comments:

Post a Comment