Thursday, November 13, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 13

I just passed the 50k mark!!

I'm super happy, and for most Wrimos this would be winner. But I'm not done yet. My personal goal is to hit 150k by the end of the month. I've never even gotten close, but I've also never hit 50k so early in the month. We're just coming up on the halfway point, which lands on a weekend. This is going to be perfect for me and I'm going to try my best to do this.

I wrote for just over three hours today and that added 7.5k to my wordcount. Given, I don't know how man of these words are really worth the time I took writing them, but I'm going to assume for now that all words are good words. I'll trim and edit after I've hit my goal. Or at least finished my story.

This weekend, I'll be setting the outrageous end goal of 88,000 words. It's a long shot, but I calculate that I can do it if I type as quickly as I've been typing and dedicate around five hours each day this weekend, I have a chance at seeing this through. That's a lot of time, but I'll make room for it if I can. I want to see this through, and it's important to me that I stick to my goal as closely as I can.

I hope that things are going well for all of you, too. I've just been through round two of self-doubt, so I'm riding up with excitement and confidence. It never lasts, so I'm going to enjoy it while I'm here. There's a great view.

When I pass that finish line, I want to able to hold my finished draft up with pride and announce to the world that I've written 150,000 words in a month. I'm already proud of myself for the progress that I've been making and I can't wait to have the joy that'll come with winning. Not only winning NaNoWriMo, but also beating my expectations by blowing my past wordcounts out of the water!

--Britni M

No comments:

Post a Comment