Saturday, November 15, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 15

Today's the beginning of Week Three, and I've been on a Marvel kick!

No, I haven't been rewatching the movies. I've actually been writing about them. A prompt from a Nano word sprint earlier today included Marvel among the list of things to add into my story. And I just ignored every prompt after that because I was so focused and so energized.

The Marvel scene started out as just a little exercise meant to pass the time and add words while I thought about other parts of the book. But it became more than just a silly conversation. Two main characters shared a wonderful connection over movies in general and Marvel movies in particular. Their nerdiness bonded them in a way that maybe nothing else could have.

Sometimes you have to just write the little things when you're stuck. And sometimes, those little things might just become the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment