Friday, November 7, 2014

Nano 2014: Day 7

My goal for this weekend is to write 20,000 words, which will give me a total of 44k. My goal for tonight is to reach 33k. I've got about five thousand words left to go. That's nothing, really, though. This morning I was behind from not hitting yesterday's goal. I've been slowly climbing though, thanks to the marvelous support of the NaNoWriMo community. You've got to love those Wrimos!!!

Thanks to @NaNoWordSprints on twitter, I've been compounding sentences and paragraphs and pages of work!!

Also, today was the rescheduled virtual write-in. I'd already used the prompts from the original airdate, but I'm glad that they redid it, because I would have missed out on their little quotes and inspirational bits otherwise. Plus, it's always rewarding to be involved in the chat sessions. It's hard to keep up with the constantly scrolling conversation, but it's also a lot of fun to get to connect with the other writers watching the video and using the prompts that you are.

I've been participating in #NaNoWordSprints since about three or four this afternoon. It's now a quarter to ten and I don't intend on stopping until either I've reached tonight's word goal or I fall asleep at the keyboard.

I'm currently on break between sprints waiting for the new leader to come online. I can't tell you all what an awesome tool word sprints (especially Twitter word sprints) are for piling up words. The last Nano event I participated in, Camp Nano in July, I didn't have a Twitter account. I had no idea what I was missing. Now I've been looking forward to what great sprints will come up next.

On a sadder note, it turns out that I won't be able to go to Paragraph tomorrow. My laptop still isn't repaired and I can't borrow one from anybody. Hopefully they do this again next year so I don't have to miss out entirely.

Anyway, looking forward to continuing my project in as concentrated a manner as possible this weekend (and throwing in a Doctor cameo or two...).

--Britni M


No comments:

Post a Comment